Left to right: KORRES Body butter, Clarisonic Mia 2, bareMinerals Pure TRansformation Night Treatment
My boyfriend isn’t really in for international commercial days, hell, he’s not even into birthdays! So usually, the only one I send love to is my mom, the one and only who actually care and who’s been buying me cute little teddies when growing up. I think it’s a big misconception that Valentine’s Day is only for couples. For me it’s a reminder to expressing love to your nearest, whether that be with a beautiful bouquet from a florist in Endeavour Hills, or a little helpful gift that someone will use every day.
When I was 14 I took this day to the next level and started to also show love for Myself, by always having Spa Day and relax with my mom. We would take bubble baths, put on chocolate face masks, eat chocolate, watch some romantic movie and just take care of our bodies and showing appreciation. When you think about it, 14th of February is actually quite a good time to pamper oneself.
I don’t know about you, but I haven’t shaved my legs since October, and because of the dry weather I rarely even take a hot shower ’cause I don’t want that dry and rough skin. If I had known I’d behave like this, I wouldn’t have had a top-notch plumbing company re-do my bathroom fixtures and revamp the heating controls on my shower. In my defense, it’s been too dark and too cold to even put an effort into doing anything, let alone making myself feel special. But now it’s all changing, it’s getting lighter and warmer, spring is just a month away! This is a good time to do some “spring cleaning” and take a day off to detox and just come back to oneself and nature.
Left to right: YES Lubricant, Anatomicals Blooming Shower Body Cleanser, Tangle Teezer Aqua.
As the years go by and as you grow up, you learn more and more about health and balance, and so I’ve added a few new things this year you can do on this “Pamper Day” as I call it.
Check Out my Valentine’s Day board on Pinterest!
Except for the obvious: take a break from screens (TV/Computer), lighting candles, soak in a bath or taking a long hot shower, do manicures, put on face masks, listening to relaxing music, or watching something feel-good, I’ve added:
- Relaxing Yin Yoga – To connect with your female and nurturing energy. I’ve started practicing some more yin yoga, I truly felt like my body and mind wanted to go more slow and inwards during the winter. And I don’t know what, but the Pigeon Pose has become quite the favorite pose, and I can spend minutes in it. I’ve also just started doing Moon Salutation which has felt purely magical in a mediative state, more so than any other Vinyasas. And you know what happens the 14th of February 2014? Full Moon. Isn’t it ironic?
- A Fullyraw Day – Let your body rest, either do a one day’s juice/smoothie cleanse or snack on fruits, veggies and then make a delicious raw chocolate cake to indulge in, like the one I Instagramed. Eating for the soul has become an essential for me, just like a nutrient. If you can’t imagine yourself doing a whole day raw, do a Raw till 4, be vegan, whatever you do, try do be light on the digestion and skip all processed and refined foods (this includes oils!), gluten and high in processed sugar, indulge in whole foods – by doing this you actually are skipping the bad things without even thinking!
- Reading Books – On the Pinterest board I’ve mostly added food and beauty books, but there’s nothing wrong in picking up that novel that you thought you would have time to read. Right now I’m reading “The Power” which I borrowed from my mom.
- Listen to Kimberly Snyder’s Beauty Inside Out – While lying in the bathtub, massaging yourself or waiting for the mask to dry, you can take that time to listen to some interesting talks about the the body, soul and food.
Something I’ve started to catch up with while on powerwalks, they are very inspirational and guiding. So if you don’t exactly have your hands free, listen to podcasts or audio books can be quite relaxing and fun. But if you feel like just being quiet, then that’s what you should do.
There’s a tradition in Sweden to give your loved one Raspberry jellies, but I think if you really care about someone you would pick up some fresh raspberries or strawberries and maybe make some raw chocolate mousse to dip them in.
May be interesting to know what I got my mom:
- Clipper Tea Love Me Truly – A warming organic herbal chai.
- Raw Goji berries – Instead of raspberry jellies.
- Pukka Tea Detox & Cleanse Bundle – A detoxed body keeps the mind free and open for love.
As for me and my hubby, we don’t really have plans. My birthday is coming up very soon, and I’ve been eyeing this restaurant called Cinnamon (next to another restaurant called Saffron – my favorite spices). Just love the name, and I’m hoping they have something delicious vegetarian to offer!