Here’s a really sweet delicious simple bread recipe, it’s GLUTEN-free, DAIRY-free, EGG-free and if you want, you can also make it SUGAR-free!
There’s few foods I love as much as bread! It is addicting, and I love it without anything on to be honest. I can’t put my finger around what exactly there is about bread, but all I can think of is that nothing else has the same consistency!
Now, when I went high raw vegan and gluten-free I couldn’t seem to shake off my bread addiction! Even though I was having as much carbs as I wanted, there was this strong pull. At the end I caved but did make a bread on my own terms, and this is the bread I make when those strong cravings hit! I hope you like :)
Gluten-Free | Vegan
PREP TIME: 15 MIN | COOK TIME: 1 HR | TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
3-4 Ripe Bananas
1/2 C Coconut Sugar (or any sweetener of choice, can use less)
4 Tbs Water
1 Tsp Vanilla Sugar or Extract
2 C Gluten-free Flour (I used a buckwheat mix)
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease a 8×4″ loaf pan or not if you have a non-stick.
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and water and mix well.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
If you’d like to add nuts, seeds, choco chips, or carob chips, now is the time to do so.
- Pour the flour mixture into the bananas. mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean. Let the bread cool completely before slicing.